Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Is it seriously snowing already?

It's been a while. But it's also been a solid weekend. For one, on Friday I briefly met Emma Watson, who plays Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter Movies. Apparently she's from Oxford. We were at a bar downtown and someone said something like "that girl looks like Emma Watson". Eerily similar in fact, seeing as she actually was Emma Watson. We didn't talk long, but it was still cool to meet someone famous. Now that I think about it, there are lots of famous people in England and not a whole lot of space for them to spread out in. You'd think they'd be everywhere.

Saturday was dominated by the UGA-LSU game. I was of course very pumped that UGA won, but on the other hand I expected it. The thing I couldn't get over was how all the LSU fans were gone by the end of the game. I always thought that LSU fans were the craziest in the SEC, which is really saying something. So I was duly impressed that the dawgs played well enough to empty Death Valley before the end of the 4th quarter. The offense looked good, which means that I'm going to go ahead and call the UGA-Florida game next week for UGA. You're not going to lose many games by scoring more than 50 points. Of course Florida can put some points on the board too. At the very least it should be a very exciting game, doubly so considering the winner will likely play Bama for the SEC championship later in the season. All I can say is Go Dawgs! And that Tim Tebow is wierd (I mean that in a good way! I like the guy).

Following a successful Frisbee practice on Sunday, a group of us began planning a trip to Scotland for the coming weekend. At the moment its not very well planned and I'll have to miss a Ultimate game, but if we do go it will finally be some of the travel I've been wanting to do. It's gonna be cold there. But hey, it's cold here too. As a matter of fact its snowing right now. I doubt it will stick, but still; snow? In October? Fortunately I am prepared. I finally found a sweater vest I like. It's navy and dorky, exactly what I wanted.

Perhaps because of cabin fever resulting from the inclement weather (or because we don't have Halo 3 here), a few of my housemates and I have started a rather unique game. We're calling it a slap bet. Last night, each of the four people playing split into pairs and flipped a coin. The winner of the coin toss gets the enviable prize of getting to smack the loser at any time 3 times before the end of the trip. In a uncharacteristic display of luck, I won both my tosses, meaning that Eric and Rob are both destined for some slaps. I've already used two on Eric (once in botched videotaped ambush and once after cycling back from dinner in the snow) so I owe him one more and Rob three. Now to bide my time till they forget about it...

With travel planned for this weekend and a growing weariness of staying up late the night before a paper is due, I'm finally determined to get ahead of my work this week. I've said it before, but this time I'm serious.

Tomorrow is a bit of a special occasion. Some members of the Georgia state assembly are coming to the house to see what exactly we did with all that money they gave the program (we've already hid our plasma screen TV). They get here tomorrow afternoon, so we've been instructed to clean our rooms and dress nice. There's going to be a catered reception, so I'm excited about getting a night off dining hall food.

That is all.

1 comment:

Super_J said...

I has mah lolrus bukkit t-shirt. I luvs it.
p.s.- www.walrusbucketsaga.com